AMR is an independent and inclusive association of people promoting a critical pursuit of knowledge within a coherent Islamic framework to provide alternative models for a just society. AMR provides an open framework for Muslim intellectuals and professionals to exchange and pool their knowledge, experiences, ideas and skills. AMR aims to:
- Identify gaps in knowledge and develop an agenda of research for filling these.
- Develop solutions to the problems faced by the Muslim community in the UK.
- Provide an open framework for a free and tolerant exchange of ideas in all areas of knowledge across a broad spectrum of views.
- Enable Muslim researchers and professionals to network and pool their efforts.
- Develop models for successful individuals and societies in the modern world.
AMR is a non-sectarian, independent, voluntary body that provides a neutral platform for rational understanding of Islam which is tolerant of a spectrum of views.